Located off the coast of Devon, Lundy Island is 5KM from tip to tip, and so it seemed the perfect virtual location for our first 5KM event. We also have a 10km event for the full out and back of Lundy.
Lundy has a rich bird life, as it lies on major migration routes, and attracts many vagrant as well as indigenous species. It also boasts a variety of marine habitats, with rare seaweeds, sponges and corals. In 2010, the island became Britain's first Marine Conservation Zone.
It is probably most well known for its Puffin population which can be seen at their colonies from late April to August, but June and July are the best months to see them as at this time they are busy feeding their single chick.
How do I claim my medal
You can either download and use our app to log your run/walk which will send notification to us as soon as you have finised. Otherwise you can send a screenshot of your tracking app to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app.
- Add a challenge, you will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
- Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
Please note that the app is currently unavailable outside the UK