The Coast to Coast walk through Ireland, from Dublin to the Atlantic coast, finishing in Port Magee, passes through glorious mountain and river country and offers an opportunity to discover the heart of the Emerald Isle. The walk comprises several linked waymarked routes to provide a continuous 387 mile long route across Ireland. Starting from Dublin, the routes used are the Wicklow Way, South Leinster Way, East Munster Way, Blackwater Way and the Kerry Way. So if you walk this entire route you will have completed six long distance paths!
It is the longest challenge in this series, but with no time limit on completion of all of our challenges, it is available and doable by everyone.
So walk, run, cycle, row or complete any other distance based activity to cover the 387 miles. Download our App and track your progress along the way.
You can either enter this as a single event, or you can enter the whole coastal series which covers just over 1000 miles and receive a free 1000 Mile in 2021 medal.
The series includes :
Anglesey Coastal Path
Scottish Coast to Coast
English coast to Coast
Irish Coast to Coast
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.
This event starts on the 1st January and the event will be available on the App on the 30th December 2020.
The early bird price of £12.50 for this event extends to the 1st December when it will revert to its normal price of £13.50.
Irish Coast to Coast Challenge
How does it work ?
- Purchase your entry into our challenge
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password. Please note you need a separate account to the one you have used on the website.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- If you would like to set a start date for your challenge prior to registration, just manually add any miles into the app already done.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.