We have launched Save Our Zoos event in response to the heartbreaking appeal from Chester Zoo who due to the pandemic and having their doors closed for 3 months were starting to struggle financially and revealed a £465,000 per month bill just to feed their animals.
We recognise that zoos can be controversial, but they are here and they do important conservation work to help with the threat of extinction of some of our more endangered species. Information about the work of Chester Zoo can be found here :
50% of the funds raised will go to Chester Zoo and 50% paid over to Welsh Mountain Zoo.
So do 1 mile, 5k. 10k, 10miles or a half marathon; Run, walk, cycle, swim or Row and help to save our zoos. When you have finished, send your submission to email@example.com and we will get your medal out in the post to you.
Your submission can either be a screenshot of your activity, or you can download our App which will send a notification to us once you have completed the relevant miles/KMs
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- If you would like to set a start date for your challenge prior to registration, just manually add any miles into the app already done.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
- Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
Please note that the App is not currently available outside the UK
The medal will also come with a pin badge to attach to the ribbon with your chosen distance.