The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (also known as Camino Inca or Camino Inka) is a hiking trail in Peru that terminates at the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu. It is 26 miles long, but we are asking you to do an extra 0.2 miles of sightseeing to make it up to a marathon !
The inca trail is a dream destination for many hikers (it is certainly on my bucket list), but it can be an expensive trip and sitting at altitudes of 13,828 feet at its highest, it can be a challenging trek. So, this is a slightly easier and cheaper option.
How does it work ?
- Purchase your entry into our challenge
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
We thank you for your entry and wish you luck with the challenge.