We have launched this ' For the Love of Cake' Macmillan fundraiser to coincide with their annual coffee morning which celebrated its 30 year anniversary on 25th September 2020, partly because we love the work that Macmillan do, and partly because we love cake !
There remains a handful of spaces left on this challenge and so please feel free to join in even though we are now in 2021. The Annual coffee morning is just another couple of months away, but it is always a good time to support MacMillan and eat cake !
Macmillan Cancer Support is one of the largest British charities and provides specialist health care, information and financial support to people affected by cancer. It also looks at the social, emotional and practical impact cancer can have, and campaigns for better cancer care.
We still have some spaces left on this event and you can participate and complete at any time even though we are now in 2021. The Annual coffee morning is just another couple of months away, but it is always a good time to support MacMillan and eat cake !
Medals will all be dispatched within 2 working days of completion of the event and us receiving the evidence. You can either download the app (instructions below) to register your miles or send a screenshot to email@example.com
How does the App work ?
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- If you would like to set a start date for your challenge prior to registration, just manually add any miles into the app already done.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
- Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
Thank you for helping to raise essential funds for Macmillan Cancer Care.