The Coast to Coast Walk is a 182-mile (293 km) unofficial and mostly unsignposted long-distance footpath in Northern England. Devised by Alfred Wainwright, it passes through three contrasting national parks: the Lake District National Park, the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and the North York Moors National Park.
We have chosen this as part of our Coastal Series purely because it is on my list of long distance walks I would like to do in real life !
So walk, run, cycle, row or complete any other distance based activity to cover the 182 miles. Download our App and track your progress along the way.
You can either enter this as a single event, or you can enter the whole coastal series which covers just over 1000 miles and receive a free 1000 Mile in 2021 medal.
The series includes :
Anglesey Coastal Path
Scottish Coast to Coast
English coast to Coast
Irish Coast to Coast
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.
This event starts on the 1st January and the event will be available on the App on the 30th December 2020.
The early bird price of £12.50 for this event extends to the 1st December when it will revert to its normal price of £13.50.
England's Coast to Coast Challenge
How does it work ?
- Purchase your entry into our challenge
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password. Please note you need a separate account to the one you have used on the website.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- If you would like to set a start date for your challenge prior to registration, just manually add any miles into the app already done.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.