For almost half a century, Europe was forcibly divided into East and West. The Iron Curtain trail is the longest cycle route through Europe and retraces this ‘Iron Curtain’, a border stretching from the Barents Sea to the Black Sea. Following this route for more than 9,950 km is a living history lesson but also provides a welcome reminder of the peace and reconciliation that have followed the fall of the ‘Curtain’. As the longest EuroVelo route, the Iron Curtain Trail has something to offer every type of cycle tourist, from the vineyards in southern Czechia and northern Austria to the mountainous border of Bulgaria and Greece; and from the bustling ports of the Baltic States to the stark beauty of Lapland.
Cycle the Iron Curtain trail is our very first event aimed at cyclists and at 9950 km is our longest distance event, but with no time limit on the challenge, it is achievable to all. You can go solo or set up a team, download the app and keep track of your progress.
If you enter as a team, everyone in the team will get a medal, all of which will be posted to the lead challenger.
How does it work ?
- Purchase your entry into our challenge
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats if you are on a climbing challenge.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Do your miles, and watch your progress with the miles ticking down to zero and the finish line.
- If you would like to set a start date for your challenge prior to registration, just manually add any miles into the app already done.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
- Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
Of course if you would prefer not to use the app, you can keep your own record of your miles and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.