Climb Everest is a challenge which tracks the elevation on your runs, walks or cycle rides instead of the distance travelled. Everest stands at 29,029 Feet, and so the challenge is to cover that much elevation in your activities.
How does it work ?
- Purchase your entry into our challenge
- Download the app at :
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/race-the-world/id1529457530 - for Ios
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racetheworld – for Android
- Register an account if this is your first challenge with us at Race the World. Your password will need at least 1 Upper case, lower case, numerical and special characters in the password.
- Link Your strava account, if you have one. This will pull any miles done after activation, directly into the app. Please note strava will not pull elevation stats through for this challenge, and you will have to manually log your elevation stats into the app.
- Add a challenge or Add a team if you have purchased a team challenge. You will need your order number for this. The RTW team will then activate your account, please allow up to 24 hours for this to happen, although it will normally be much quicker. You will get an email confirmation of activation. You can still get started in the meantime, just manually add any miles done prior to activation.
- Get climbing, and watch your progress with those metres left to climb ticking down to zero and the summit of Mount Everest.
- Once you have completed all of your miles, then an email will come automatically through to you and the RTW team to let us know that you have finished and your medal will go out to you in the post.
- Please allow up to 2 working days for dispatch of your medal which will be posted 1st class.
We thank you in advance for your entry and we look forward to sending you your medal
Shipping is included in the entrance fee for all challengers in the UK. For our challengers in Souther Ireland there is a £1.50 surcharge and for the rest of the world £4.
We aim to disptach all medals within 2 working days of receiving your submission.
Your Climb Everest challenge will start from the date of entry unless you advise us otherwise, although you cannot backdate your entry.
There is absolutely no time limit on this challenge, so if you are an avid hill walker or mountain climber and you finish in a week or a month or you are more of a gentle slope kind of person and it takes you 6, 12 months or beyond, you are still a finisher and will get your medal and finishers certificate.
We accept evidence from Strava or any other electronic tracking app, however, we accept that not everyone uses these, so a manual log of your climbs is perfectly acceptable. We will send you a manual tracker on receipt of your entry.